Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010...A look back

Well it is 1/1/11 and so far we are off to a good start...I don't know if you consider working be off to a good start but why not lol Well the journey through 2011 will hopefully be a good one I am hoping to have too many speed bumps but then again I am not in total control of my journey. Yes, I get to choose which turn I would like to take when I hit a fork in the road but you see there is someone who has always and will always know what path I will choose. Who is that you might ask?! Well you see its my dad...no not my earthly dad but my heavenly one. You see there is something else about me you should all know; I am a CHRISTIAN (there I said it). You see I have believed in God since I was a young girl; no I don't have a dramatic story about how I was a drunk or got into a whole lot of trouble I was simply at VBS (Vacation Bible School, in case you didn't know) and that was when I understood the story of Jesus Christ and accepted as my personal Saviour. I was baptized a year later. Now you see I am not have always lived like I should have and yes I have made some wrong decisions that has damaged some of my relationships I hold dear but through it all there has always been one person who never once changed His view about me and never stopped loving me unconditionally. And who is this masked man you might ask...well He is none other than my personal Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. I have learned so much through the year of 2010 and still have so much to learn in 2011. No matter how hard I try I will never fully understand why He loves me so much but you see that's ok with me because HE is my Father and I am His child and His love saved me from Hell and thats all I need to survive my time in this world. For those of you who don't know much about my past I haven't always made the right decisions but you see I have made a New Year's resolution and I usually don't cause frankly I think they are pointless; but you see this year I want to start out differently I want to start living my life the way I should. 2010 started out rough for me. I spent most of 2009 trying to forget, trying to run away from myself and that carried over into 2010. By the time 1/1/10 hit I had pretty much hindered my relationship with my family and my best friend (who I have known since we were little girls) and it killed me inside to know I had hurt those people in my life. So I had to make a decision (and believe me when I say I am not so good at the decision making part), my decision move home and start fresh. Well it worked...ok kind of; you see when I moved home I forgot to do one thing...ask for forgiveness from God. I am stubborn (really ask my family) and that was something I didn't want to do. I wanted to let go of my past but at the same time I didn't there were things in my past I wasn't ready to give up. I did ask for forgiveness after much fighting with myself I realized I was only going to lose. I have turned my life around alot and you know I still have some more healing to do but I will get there. Now to cut to the chase here 2010 had a lot ups and downs for me but I made it through. 2011 has just started and I cannot wait to see where it takes me.

I had a great ending to my 2010 I spent it with what I like to call my second family. My family had other plans and since I had to work today I was unable to spend it with them so I joined my second family in some food, fun and laughter. (so thats why I was unable to post my friends)

Well everyone with 2011 underway I have some decision making I need to do so I better get to it. But I will leave with you this one of my favorite poets Robert Frost said it best when he said, "..Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.." I hope that I can take the road not yet taken when it comes to my life. Happy New Year everyone and I hope you all can take the road not yet taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment