Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting this trip underway...

So remember how I said I hate New Year's resolutions?! Well I am here to tell you that I made one...I know, I know why would I make one; when no one ever sticks them?! Well simply because its time for a change in my life, so what is it you ask? Well I will tell you, I am changing my diet (shocking I know lol) everyone makes this resolution I know but I really need to change it. You see high blood pressure and diabetes kind of runs in the family and I am trying NOT to get either of them. So one of my best friends does weight watchers online and I am going to kind of do it along with her.  So we shall see how that goes for me.

So something I realized last night was I really need to take a trip to Kansas City to see my bestest KC friend Kristi!! I don't get to see her very often which sucks and I miss her ever so much. We met at school in Missouri and we were room mates. neither one of us knew anyone going there and we were put together as roomies and we have been best friends ever since. Funny how complete strangers can become almost like sisters in a matter of months. We did almost everything together. We told each other secrets and shared well a dorm room. Even though we both have other friends we have known longer than we have known each other I still feel like I have known her forever.

There are so many things I want to do with my life. With school coming to a close (finally I might add) I am starting to freak out a little about what I want to do next. Do I go back for my masters? Or do I look for a more permanent residence? These questions and more cross my mind daily. Now my best friend friend Nicole and I will most likely get a place together after I am done with school (which btw I have exactly 3 classes left). I feel as if I have been in school forever and I am not quite sure what life will be like once I am done. But isn't that the beauty of it? Not knowing whats around the corner. Life is unexpected and so incredibly awesome!! I don't know whats around the corner and this "road map" that I have just shows where I have been and the rest is blank and I can't wait to fill it in. Sometimes I feel like I have come to a crossroads in my life and its hard to decide which way to go.
This sort of what my life road map looks like at the moment and frankly its hard to know which way to go!! So I get out my compass (pst thats the Bible) and it helps guide me in the right direction. (PS Don't you just love that picture)

I do know that there is one place I am dying to go....and that is PARIS!! I have been there once about 6 years ago with my church youth group and it was amazing!! I fell in love with Paris. I now buy anything Paris I can find because I plan on decorating my bedroom in my place (when I move out) with all my Paris things.
I would give anything to go here again!! You could say I am a little obsessed with Paris lol :)

I consider this blog today a little inside info on me. Which is what this blog is all about me and my journey through life. I hope that one day my journey will lead me back to France. Sometimes I do wish I could take a peak at what lies ahead in my journey but then it would be that exctiting if I did. So tomorrow is a mystery to me and so is the rest of my day. So in the big picture I sit at a crossroads trying to decide where to go from her and I pray that whatever decision I make is the right one.

So embrace your journy folks you ony get one. There are no refunds on tickets and you cannot have a do over at the end; so make it a good journy. Try not to second guess yourself and by all means have fun!! 

1 comment:

  1. You are almost finished! Yeah! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, too! Paris sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe our Acts Group could plan a little missions trip! Anything to go again! :)

    ReplyDelete